ChargerCity Car Dashboard & Windshield Suction Cup Mount Holder Review
Are you not happy with your stock radar detector mount? Do you find yourself picking up your device from the car floor and licking the back of your mount’s suction cup just to put the whole thing back onto the windshield or dashboard for the nth time?
Cold temperatures, hot days, bumps on the road, high speed, and just about anything can cause your radar detector to fall from its station, which can be quite tiring, irritating, frustrating, and in some way, costly. With that said, we understand that aside from great suction power, you also like your device mount to look good, allow angle adjustment, install easily, and be priced reasonably.
Well, the ChargerCity Car Dashboard & Windshield Suction Cup Mount Holder might just have the solution for you. How well does this item hold up to these standards? Read on and find out!
- As the name suggests, allows you to mount your radar detector on either the windshield or your dashboard
- Features an extra large suction cup
- Comes with a dash disk
- Has a metal clip that lets you adjust the angle of your radar detector
- Is compatible with: S55, New Passport, STi Magnum and Driver, GX65/55, RX65/55, V12, V10, V8, V6, Pro 100/200/300/500, Vector 895/955/965/995, Newer Vector 940, Express 795, Passport 9500ix/9500i/8500/8500×50, Solo S2/S3, RD-5110 Passport 7500S, Passport 7500/6800/5000/4600/4500/4200, Passport X70/S55, Beltronics Vector 995, Escot IX, and most Rocky Mountain Phantom-T
- Weighs only 2.4 ounces
- Measures 6.4 inches x 3.8 inches x 2.5 inches
- The extra large suction cup gives the mount a more secure hold to the windshield. It seems not to be affected at all by hot and cold temperatures. Hence, you can trust it to keep your radar device from crashing to the car floor.
- Because it comes with a dash disk, it affords you flexibility on where you would like to mount your device—on the windshield or the dashboard.
- It allows you to adjust the positioning of your radar detector.
- Its installation is a breeze.
- It works better than the stock mount that comes with most radar detectors
- For its incredible performance, it is reasonably priced.
- It is compatible with a wide range of devices.
The Minor Drawbacks
- Its impressive suction power came at the expense of a more bulky look.
- While the metal clip allows you to adjust the angle of your device, it does not always give you the angle that you want or need because of the big step difference. It would have been great if it lets you adjust the angle of the device in small steps or few clicks. A non-preset swivel is another alternative solution for more control.
- It is not compatible with a few radar detectors.
The ChargerCity Car Dashboard & Windshield Suction Cup Mount Holder is a well-designed black car accessory for your radar detector. It has an extra large suction cup, and it also comes with an adjustment point that lets you change the angle of your device. A non-preset swivel though would have been a better alternative, buying you more control on the positioning of your radar detector.
A design improvement that this mount can benefit from is its overall look. While not that bad, it would have been more visually appealing if it sports a sleek look and a smaller frame.
The ChargerCity Car Dashboard & Windshield Suction Cup Mount Holder’s extra large suction cup holds the radar detector pretty well even during particularly hot days or below freezing temperatures. Bumpy roads are not a problem either with this mount.
Ease of Installation
Installation is easy with the ChargerCity Car Dashboard & Windshield Suction Cup Mount Holder, not to mention two-way. You can put the mount on the windshield or the dashboard in seconds! Click on or connect your device, make necessary adjustments on the angle, and you are ready to step on the gas.
The ChargerCity Car Dashboard & Windshield Suction Cup Mount Holder is reasonably priced. With its performance comparable to some more expensive mounts, you are actually getting a bargain for its price. Furthermore, you get a dashboard and a windshield mount for the price of one.
Another good mount you can consider is the Escort Sticky Cup Windshield Mount. This accessory features a smoother and sleeker design than the ChargerCity Car Dashboard & Windshield Suction Cup Mount Holder. It comes in an all-black color, including its suction cup. Its locking clamp cleverly hides in the main body for a clean, streamlined look.
Another thing to love about the Escort Sticky Cup Windshield Mount is that it is low-profile, which does not make your already imposing radar detector more imposing. And just like the ChargerCity Car Dashboard & Windshield Suction Cup Mount Holder, the Escort Sticky Cup Windshield Mount allows you to adjust the angle of your radar detector through the integrated thumb wheel.
More importantly, this mount shares the suction power of ChargerCity Car Dashboard & Windshield Suction Cup Mount Holder. It stays on despite extreme changes in temperature. So, you can rest assured that your radar detector is safe from many falling-off incidents.
However, while it is sleeker, low-profile, easy-to-install, and equally powerful than the product-in-review, the Escort Sticky Cup Windshield Mount comes out more expensive. If you do not mind spending a little extra for a more streamlined mount for your radar detector, then it also makes for a good option.
If you are looking for a mount that saves you the frustration from falling radar detectors on hot and cold days, road bumps, high speeds, or just about anything, the ChargerCity Car Dashboard & Windshield Suction Cup Mount Holder is one for the books! Its extra large suction cup spells convenience for you and safety for your device. Plus, you do not have to put a dent in your budget just to enjoy what it has to offer.
Overall, we can safely say that where most stock radar detector mounts fail, the ChargerCity Car Dashboard & Windshield Suction Cup Mount Holder shines.