Escort Max 360 Radar Detector Review!
Escort Max 360 is another Beyond a Conventional Radar Detector by Escorts’s unmatched MAX Detector line, with extreme range capability, fastest response time, and above all Directional Alert display with deadly precision. The Escort 360 is a remarkably powerful and faster detector. It has the capacity to detect diverse types of detection signals even over long distances. This device comes with some unmatched technology that has made it a hot-favorite among an increasing number of passionate drivers.
One of the greatest features that have given this detector a head start among its competitors is the 360’s arrow indicator to the direct point of the Hidden Trap.You can imagine that the users of this detector how quickly figure out where the signal is coming from. This is a big plus for Max 360 Radar Detector. It allows drivers to act promptly and ignore stationary, weak signals. Such signals can be quite a distraction and lead to false and misplaced responses. As a matter of fact, this is the first Escort product to boast this kind of technology (remember Valentine held the patent to this technology until 2011).
The arrow indicator shows the location of the radar where the signal is coming from. Few radar detectors provide special awareness of the location of the radar. When the detector issues an alert it beeps for a second and issues a voice reminder that the speed limit has been exceeded. The strength of the detected signal is visible in a bar graph on the detector’s display. The Escort Max 360 Radar Detector is miles ahead of the competition.
Unlike many other detectors, Max 360 doesn’t just depend on the GPS to filter false alerts but makes use of it to help the driver maintain awareness of his driving habits. The detector is rated for K, X Ka-POP, X, and laser signals. These combined with dual antennas mean the device can scan quickly in all directions. In addition, it makes use of Digital Signal Processing to identify threats faster and with higher precision than other radars in the market. In terms of readability and quality, the display is simply amazing.
This pricey Max boasts of GPS-enabled Autolearn. This is a system that learns your route, files and then rejects false alarms over time.That’s not all this device takes advantage of the power of community to protect drivers beyond conventional laser and radar threats. The pre-loaded Defender database comprising of speed camera locations spread in North America takes combine with Bluetooth technology to take care of this. The device uses Bluetooth technology to link itself to smartphones. This gives users access to a community-based program called EscortLive –an app that notifies the driver of nearby alerts, red light camera locations, and even the driver’s own speed violations.
If the car has a Wi-Fi installed the driver can get the same community sharing but this time without using a smartphone. The Escort Max 360 Radar Detector’s over-speed alert is probably one of its greatest features. It uses the GPS to issue alerts every time the speed limit is exceeded. Detecting radar isn’t the only and best plan to avoid detection by law enforcement, but having a detector that issues warning every time one exceeds the speed limit ensures obedience to the set limits. Once the detector gets used to the route it gets much less noisy than other detectors thanks to the company’s patented superpower that uses GPS to silence the known stationary sources such as metal detectors.
- Dimensions of 1.4x 5.4 x 3.6 inches
- Weighs about 1.76 pounds
- has a beautiful and cordless design •
- Has a wide range of signal bands namely X-band, Ka-POP-band, X-band, and laser signal
- Has an appealing high-resolution display Display
- The unique Digital Processing feature reduces false alarms
- Gives info about the strength of the signal it has detected by displaying on the bar graph the bar-graph
- Gives very vivid messages for the laser radar and even SWS signal detected • Delivers
unique audio and visual warnings any time it detects signals
- Comes with the Escort Max 360 Radar Detector’s over-speed alert
- Directional arrows show where the radar signal is originating
- Can turn off the “Over-Speed” alarm and set it all the way up to 160
- Comes with a pre-loaded Defender database comprising of camera locations spread in North America
- Has an aesthetically appealing enclosure
- Compact and lightweight
- Durable materials
- Quite Portable
- A sleek and user-friendly design
- clear LED display
- Seamless connectivity via blue tooth to the EscortLive app
- Has a wider field and longer range of view compared to other detectors
- Has GPS-enabled AutoLearn which gets rid of false alarms • Has six customizable features
- Accurately measures the strength of signals detected
- It’s quite pricey
- Arrows respond relatively slow when the actual position of the threat changes
- It’s a bit noisier than other similar detectors in this price range
- Though this has nothing to do with the detector itself, some of the terms and conditions of use appear intrusive on the personal privacy of the buyer.
Escort Max 360 Radar Detector’s relatively higher price, still it is nothing for that much a worthy companion on the road. This radar detector is the best detector that will help keep those irritating tickets at bay. It connects to a smartphone and takes advantage of internet technology to enhance driving. This detector offers unsurpassed information and allows for an accurate and timely response to any speed related threats from law enforcement. The over speed alert function is every driver’s best bet that speed limits can be adhered to.
This detector has another good thing about it. Its front and the rear antennas scan in all directions thus providing an all-around surveillance of radar signals.For this reason, this device almost eliminates the chances of being caught unawares by the traffic department. Though the average ticket may cost little over time it can add up to astronomical figures. The best way to avoid these unnecessary costs and the accompanying inconveniences is to fit the car with a reliable detector. Count on Escort Max 360 Radar Detector- Black; it fits the bill perfectly.