Escort Passport 9500ix Radar/Laser Detector
The Escort Passport 9500ix Radar/Laser Detector is an advanced radar detector. Many buyers prefer this over the other available options since it effectively detects almost all bands of radar used for speed enforcement purposes. The good thing about this radar is that it covers the front and rear.
Thus, the possibility of being caught by speed cameras or hidden speed traps off guard is eliminated. On top of that, it comes with the technology that effectively eliminates the pesky false alarms and makes use of a GPS system which is used in pinpoint navigation.
- Comes with a dimension of 2.9×5.3×1.4 inches
- Weighs about 8.3 ounces
- Features a 360-degree protection against all bands of radars and lasers
- Provides an effective variable-speed radar performance
- Comes with a database for safety cameras
- Features a new Truelock Filter powered by GPS
- Comes with crystal-clear voice alerts and an intelligent volume control
- Equipped with a brilliant blue display and a 5-level brightness control
- Very portable and durable
- Very lightweight
- Provides a 360-degree protection
- Works well on detecting all bands of radar and laser
- Has an autoLearn feature
- Equipped with mark location features and speed alert
- Web-based location database updates ready
- Offers a comprehensive set of user-selectable preferences
- Has mute, auto-mute and smart-mute functions
- Sold along with a built-in earphone jack
- Features a built-in safety warning system
- Sold at generous package which includes a comprehensive manual for the owner, a quick reference card, a coiled SmartCord and a quick-release mount for the windshield
- Backed by a warranty policy
- Product availability is quite limited
- Requires a Windows-based computer for the location database and detector software
- Might not be available for shipping in some countries
- Sold at a relatively higher price
Despite of its relatively expensive price, the Escort Passport 9500ix Radar/Laser Detector proves to be a good buy for radar detector buyers since it is loaded with a long list of useful standard features.
In addition to that, it provides a 360-degree protection against all radar and laser bands, has a speed alert function and mark location features and a built-in warning system.
Aside from the Escort Passport 9500ix Radar/Laser Detector, many buyers also consider the Valentine One Radar Detector and the Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector as their other top options.
This is because both of these radar detectors can detect a many radar and laser bands used for speed enforcements. In addition to that, both of these devices are compact, lightweight and durable.
The Valentine One Radar Detector comes with dimensions of 6×2.5×4 inches and weighs about 1.7 pounds. It is among the top-performing radar detectors sold in the market at present.
The detector is equipped with two radar antennas that are pointed in front and on the rear of the vehicle. Given such, the device can provide the existing radar and laser information in the area particularly the band and strength of the signal.
In addition to that, it can also pinpoint the direction where the signal comes. However, the device requires regular hardware and software updates to keep it updated and these usually come with additional costs.
The Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector on the other hand is sold with dimensions of 6.5x11x2 inches and a weight of 1.5 pounds. It comes with the front and rear laser detection capability.
The device features an AutoScan mode that eliminates false alarms. Aside from that, it offers the highway and city settings along with a range which is about 10 times longer than that of others.
The Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector is also admired for its Shadow Technology that provides it with the immunity to VG-2 radar detector detection.
With this particular feature, the law enforcers will not be able to determine that the user’s car is equipped of the radar detector device.
Finally, it is sold in a package which includes a coiled SmartPlug, a metal case, the user manual and a quick-release mount for the windshield.
By looking at the features of the radar detectors discussed above, it is quite obvious that the Escort Passport 9500ix Radar/Laser Detector is the best option since it is equipped with a long list of useful features particularly the 360-degree protection against all bands of radars and lasers.
The Valentine One Radar Detector can be considered as the second best option since it offers most of the features that the 9500ix does but at a much expensive price.
The Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector comes in as the third best option for it comes with all the standard features that a good radar detector is expected to provide along with its shadow technology and much cheaper price.