Escort Passport S55 High Performance Radar\Laser Detector
The Escort Passport S55 High Performance Pro Radar and Laser Detector is known to be among the most advanced radar and laser detector models in the market at present. In fact, many buyers choose this over the other available options since it was able to provide a very reliable performance.
In addition to that, the Escort Passport S55 was built to detect all laser and radar bands and provide long range warnings. On top of that, the detector is sold at a very affordable price, making it a good buy for consumers with limited budgets.
- Weighs about 1.1 pounds
- Comes with dimensions of 8.4x8.2x2 inches
- Capable of providing long-range warning on all radar and laser bands
- Has a Digital Signal Processing feature that reduces false alarms and provides a maximum range
- Comes with an AutoSensitivity mode that intelligently identifies other radar sources from real threats
- Features the company’s own Traffic Signal Rejection that rejects existing interstate traffic sensors
- Features a 3-high-resolution meter modes and 3-types of meter displays
- Has a Highway, Auto and Auto No X settings
- Works compatibly with the ESCORT Live, the company’s exclusive ticket-protecting network that provides real-time updates
- Lightweight, portable and compact
- Provides an advanced radar and laser detection performance
- Provides long range warnings
- Detects almost all laser and radar bands
- Can intelligently filter false alarms
- Warns the user about the upcoming alerts that other users in the area have received and reported via the ESCORT Live
- Provides the user with the access to the local speed limit data
- Provides clear alert information, text for programming and signal strength
- Can be immediately used after taking it out of the box
- Sold at a decent price
- Easily gets out of stock
- Might not be eligible for shipping in some countries
- Not sold along with an applicable warranty
- Requires a longer learning curve to maximize the benefits it provides
The Escort Passport S55 High Performance Pro Radar and Laser Detector remains as a bestselling radar detector model in the market today. This is because it is known as one of the most advanced and high performance models offered for sale.
In addition to that, the Escort Passport S55 is loaded with a long list of standard features such as the capability to detect all laser and radar bands, ability to reject interstate traffic sensors and efficiently eliminates false alarms. The detector is also a top option among buyers since it has a decent and relatively affordable price.
Just like the Escort Passport S55 High Performance Pro Radar and Laser Detector, the Beltronics Vector V995 Radar Detector and the Cobra Electronics SPX 5500 are also among the bestselling radar detectors in its class at present.
This is because both of these are loaded with a long list of useful features that enable them to provide uncompromised protection against radars and lasers used for speed enforcements. These detectors are also sold at prices that buyers including those with limited budgets can afford.
The Beltronics Vector V995 Radar Detector comes with dimensions of 4.8x2.8x1.2 inches and has a weight of 2 pounds. It is capable of detecting various bands of radar particularly the X, K, Ku and SuperWide Ka.
It is equipped with the Safety Warning System radar capability, Mute and AutoMute features, visual as well as audible band alerts and laser detection. The Vector V995 also features the digital signal processing (DSP) and a number of laser sensors that allows it to provide a long-range performance and significantly lessens the number of false alarms that the device detects.
Finally, the detector is fitted with the technology that makes it invisible to VG-2 radar detector detectors.
The Cobra Electronics SPX 5500 is built with dimensions of 1.3x2.8x4.2 inches and weighs about 4 ounces. Aside from its compact, lightweight and portable construction, the Cobra Electronics SPX 5500 boasts of its powerful CPU which is able to conveniently sweep the entire radar spectrum utilized by the police in 240 milliseconds.
It is also known for using the low-noise signal amplifiers that were previously used by the military. On top of that, it is equipped with a uniquely-designed circuitry that makes use of a gold-plated circuit board.
The radar detectors discussed earlier are definitely among the best in the market today. But out of the three, the Escort Passport S55 High Performance Pro Radar and Laser Detector proves to be the best option since it is equipped with a lot of useful features and is decently priced.
The Beltronics Vector V995 Radar Detector can be considered as the second best pick for it provides most of the features that the Vector V995 has but at a much higher price. The Cobra Electronics SPX 5500 comes in at third by providing a number of features provided by the first two models at a cheaper price.