Best Deals on Radar Detectors: Detecting Which Is Which
Motorists nowadays are always on the lookout for ways to circumvent being caught for going above the speed limit which is why most speedsters are always on the lookout for highway police as well as the best deals on radar detectors and other gadgets that would help keep them moving under the radar.
Radar detectors have been under fire lately because they can interrupt other radio waves which are vital for support services like ambulances and fire trucks. However, those who feel the need for speed scoff at such reports and maintain that it does not do anything detrimental to society.
The use of radar detectors is illegal in a few areas, but most highways and interstate still allow it although some have already taken steps to conceal this wonderful device. Some makers try and embed it in miniatures and within the stereo, while some place it in a non-descript casing that blends in with the other gadgets in the dashboard.
As what we have mentioned, most people are always on the lookout for the best radar detector deals, and we are no different from them. Let's talk about three of the most favorite products on the market today.
Best Deals on Radar Detectors
Non-descript detectors often come in a black casing with a small LED screen for navigation and not much else. This hides the advanced technology inside and keeps curious eyes away.
1. Escort Passport 9500IX Radar Detector
- Long-Range Warning
The Escort Passport 9500IX Radar Detector can scan and deliver warnings from all available radar bands including K, Superwide Ka, X and Instanton POP.
- Multiple Sensors
This radar detector has sensors located in multiple sections of both front and rear of the device.
- False Alarm Protector
The programming of the 9500IX can protect you from false alarms which are often triggered by outside forces like other radar-based sensors, automatic doors and motion sensors.
- Easy-to-Use Interface
Operating this radar detector is a breeze with easy to use preference buttons.
- Safety Camera Database
The 9500IX comes preloaded with camera locations, as well as red light and fixed position speed cameras located across the North American continent.
- Comes with many convenient features that let you drive at any speed without having to fear getting caught
- GPS lockout feature is ideal for anyone driving along the same route over and over again as it memorizes the locations you've marked as having safety cameras
- Filters out false signals effectively
- Can manually add new red lights or speed alerts to the red light databases that it already comes with
- Detects in a closer range than you think, but very effective when it comes to urban driving
- Different alert tones that were supposed to differentiate the types of radar are a little too similar to each other
The Escort Passport 9500IX can detect radar signals coming from multiple bands from X, K, and Ka. It can also filter out false signals coming from motion detectors, car alarms, and even other radar-based devices. The Safety Camera Database that it comes with contains thousands of fixed locations across North America, and you can add new locations to it through an online account.
2. Royalsell Radar Detector with Voice Alert
- Extreme Range Super Heterodyne Technology
The Royalsell Radar Detector comes with advanced heterodyne tech that can do a fast sweep over an extended area and detect even the fastest radar gun, alerting you in the process.
- Auto Mute System
This radar detector is equipped with sensors that can filter out fake alarm signals coming from other devices that use and emit radar.
- Auto Shutdown
The auto mute system works together with the auto shutdown feature that turns the device off when it detects the real deal.
- Speed Detection Alert
The Royalsell Radar Detector immediately alerts you whenever it encounters a speed monitor at least 250 to 2500 meters ahead.
- 360-Degree Laser Detection
This product features a laser eye detector that can scan for speed lasers all around.
- Picks up different signals from a variety of sources and alerts you on time
- Auto-shutdown feature is nice as it prevents the detector from being detected even by more advanced police radars
- Capable of storing previously programmed settings for a long time even with the battery out
- Alerts are gibberish and garbled at times, making it hard to understand if it's warning you or not
The Royalsell Radar Detector with Voice Alert can detect speed detection devices from as far as 2500 to at least 250 meters, and it automatically shuts down once it confirms that the other device belongs to law enforcement. This radar detector also has an auto-mute feature that prevents false alarms when detecting "friendly signals," and it can detect every radar band used nowadays.
3. Uniden R1 Extreme Long Range Radar Laser Detector
- 360-degree Digital Signal Processor
The Uniden R1 comes with a digital signal processor that scans ahead and around for any speed detector and signals you whenever one comes near.
- Long-Range Radar Sensitivity
This radar and laser detector has an extreme range and can detect any signal from a wide range of radar bands
- OLED Screen
The OLED display screen is bright enough to be read which makes reading alerts easy.
- False Alarm Filter
The Uniden R1 Radar Detector can detect false signals and automatically mutes the alert so that you don't panic after every speed detector.
- Sensitivity of this radar detector is excellent
- Can detect speed detectors running any radar band from a considerable distance
- Alert tones are customizable so that you don't confuse the radar alert with your cellphone ringtone
- No issue detecting any radar device and filtering the duds from the actual ones
- No low-speed filter onboard this radar detector which can trigger the alarm when a speed camera is near even when it's rush hour. There is a mute button for these scenarios though.
The Uniden R1 Extreme Long Range Radar Laser Detector comes with a great set of features including a wide band of detection range, and it can detect speed detectors from a long distance ahead. This device also has a 360-degree digital processor that can detect even those that you've passed, and the mute button works well when stuck in traffic so that you don't sit there and bleed your ears out.
Radar Detector of Choice
The features of all three listed radar detectors are standard, but what comes out as the radar detector of choice is the Uniden R1 Extreme Long Range Radar Laser Detector. Its ability to detect signals from a long range and at 360-angle makes this a driver's best friend, especially when driving in an urban area.
The mute button that lets you turn the alarm off during low-speed traffic is beneficial, while the false signal filter lets you drive on without having to worry about door alarms and motions sensors triggering your alerts, which are also customizable to boot!
Speedsters and regular drivers see radar detectors as a device that is meant to favor them and their driving skills. They do resent the fact that it is almost outlawed but new features like the auto mute and the auto shutdown help them keep clear from speed detectors. The best deals on radar detectors are always about features and how it improves the driving experience, so read up and set your engines roaring.