It is easy for some drivers to have fun speeding away or get lost in their thoughts. Unfortunately, these may have some repercussions as one might forget about the speed limits, and drivers will end up getting issued tickets. Fortunately, there are ways of avoiding speeding tickets with the use of a radar and laser detector, which will warn drivers of threats so that they can slow down their driving.
If you are on the lookout for one, then you may want to consider the ESCORT MAX360C. How does this product fare?
Escort MAX360C Laser Radar Detector - WiFi and Bluetooth Enabled, 360° Protection, Extreme Long Range, Voice Alerts, OLED Display, Live, Black
$599.95 in stock
9 used from $449.99
- BUILT IN WIFI - The first of radar detectors for cars designed for the connected car. The MAX 360C updates through the On-Board WiFi connection, alerting you to the latest ticket threats in realtime (Compatible with iPhone and Android devices).
- 360 DEGREE PROTECTION - Forward and rear facing antennas pinpoint threats around your entire vehicle, and alert you with on-screen arrows displaying the direction of the threat relative to your location.
- AUTOLEARN TECHNOLOGY - Radar detection customized to your driving style! GPS intelligence, IVT filtering, and AutoSensitivity come together to eliminate false alerts by learning your route and varying sensitivity with your vehicle speed.
- ESCORT LIVE APP - Know what lies on the road ahead! Join our community of drivers and enthusiasts that share and receive over 100 million alerts every year - red light and speed camera locations, speed limits, live traffic updates and police radar.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED - The MAX 360C Escort radar detector comes with a convenient travel case for wherever the road takes you, a SmartCord USB (with AutoMute) for power, and a EZ MAG Escort Radar Detector Mount for easy installation.
The ESCORT MAX360C is produced by Escort Radar, a manufacturer of radar detectors. The firm has been in business for more than 40 years. They specialize in patented sensor based-detections systems to optimize a driver’s experience with ticket protection. Aside from radar detectors, Escort Radar also produces dash cams, laser shifters, accessories, and software and accessories.
The ESCORT MAX360C promises to provide real-time protection against detection. It claims to be the first laser and radar detector designed to connect to a vehicle via wifi.
This detector boasts a built-in Wi-Fi so that it can update through the car’s onboard Wi-Fi connection. This feature will alert any driver of ticket threats in real-time and eliminate the need to contact via a smartphone. The built-in Wi-Fi also connects to Escort Live, the company’s exclusive real-time protection network.
There is still the option to connect via a smartphone if the vehicle does not have a connection to Wifi, and that is through the product’s built-in Bluetooth. The detector is compatible with both iOS and Android operating systems.
This radar and laser detector promises the fastest response time to warn users of possible threats almost immediately. This is due to the product’s Rapid Scan & Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology, which uses the front and rear antennas to detect threats fast.
The radar detector from Escort Radar also has fewer false alerts due to its Autolearn protection and patented anti-falsing technology, which uses GPS and the exact frequency of the signal to store and remember false alerts.
The app, the Escort Live! Has 1000 preloaded location, so users are protected when in these locations. There is also an option to mark your “hotspot” and create a “Defenders Database.”
The Escort Radar’s radar and laser detector boast of clear voice alert to allow hands-free operations. Plus, the product maker provides a one-year limited Radar Ticket Free Guarantee.
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Compatible with both Android and iOS software
- Protection in any direction with its Rapid Scan & Digital Signal Processing technology
- Minimized false alerts due to patented anti-falsing technology
- Can store and remember false alerts
- Access to Escort Live! App
- Hands-free operation with clear voice alerts
- Limited one-year Radar Ticket Free Guarantee from the product maker
- It can only connect to a 2.4Ghz WiFi network and not anything higher
- Buggy Escort Live!
- Hard to set-up
The ESCORT MAX360C has many great features to help drivers avoid speeding tickets. It claims to be the first radar and laser detector to have built-in Wi-Fi, which eliminates the need to use a smartphone to connect to the detector.
There is also an option to use a smartphone in cases where the vehicle has no Wi-FI connection, and that is through its Bluetooth feature. The detector and its app, Escort Live, are compatible with both iOS and Android phones.
The detector also boasts of the rapid Scan & Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology, which provides protection and detection from all directions. The false alerts are also minimized with anti-falsing technology. It can also store and remember false alerts with the Autolearn protection feature.
This radar and laser detector can be used hands-free as it provides clear voice alerts. The product maker also offers a one-year limited Radar Ticket Free Guarantee.
The product, however, is not without any flaws. For one, the built-in Wi-Fi will only work with a 2.4Ghz WiFi network. It is not compatible with Wi-Fi that is higher. The app, Escort Live! It is buggy as well. The unit is both expensive and hard to set up.
The ESCORT MAX360C has many competitors on the market, such as the Radenso Pro M Extreme Range Radar and Laser Detector, which sell for a cheaper price.
Both products have mechanisms to remember false alerts. The Radenso Pro has GPS lockout technology, while the Escort detector has the Autolearn protection feature.
The two detectors also promise to provide complete protection from threats. The Escort has the Scan & Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology, while the Radenso boasts of the GPS Lockout Technology.
Unlike the product under review, the Radenso Pro M Extreme Range Radar and Laser Detector do not have built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. However, both products use voice alerts. The Radenso has an OLED display, which the product being reviewed does not offer.
The Radenso Pro M Extreme Range Radar & Laser Detector boasts other features that the Escort does not have, such as the red light and speed camera alerts and three-mode feature. The former, however, does not have an accompanying application such as Escort Live!
Both manufacturers offer a one-year warranty Radar Ticket Free Guarantee
There are many reasons why buyers may want to choose the ESCORT MAX360C. This product, after all, claims to be the first laser and radar detector to have built-in Wi-Fi that can connect to a vehicle’s Wi-Fi. It also provides multi-directional protection, thanks to its Scan & Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology. Plus, it is Bluetooth-enabled and can minimize false alerts.
The biggest drawback of this detector is its cost. The price tag of this laser and radar detector is considerably higher than most of its competitors. However, buyers may be well compensated as it offers more features than similar products that sell for a cheaper price.
Overall, the ESCORT MAX360C is for drivers who prefer to connect their laser and radar detector to the vehicle’s Wi-Fi. This feature is the product’s main selling point.