The Escort Passport 9500ix Radar/Laser Detector is an advanced radar detector. Many buyers prefer this over the other available options since it effectively detects almost all bands of radar used for speed enforcement purposes. The good thing about this radar is that it covers the front and rear.
Thus, the possibility of being caught by speed cameras or hidden speed traps off guard is eliminated. On top of that, it comes with the technology that effectively eliminates the pesky false alarms and makes use of a GPS which is used in pinpoint navigation.
- Comes with a dimension of 2.9×5.3×1.4 inches
- Weighs about 8.3 ounces
- Features a 360-degree protection against all bands of radars and lasers
- Provides an effective variable-speed radar performance
- Comes with a database for safety cameras
- Features a new Truelock Filter powered by GPS
- Comes with crystal-clear voice alerts and an intelligent volume control
- Equipped with a brilliant blue display and a 5-level brightness control
- Very portable and durable
- Very lightweight
- Provides a 360-degree protection
- Works well on detecting all bands of radar and laser
- Has an autoLearn feature
- Equipped with mark location features and speed alert
- Web-based location database updates ready
- Offers a comprehensive set of user-selectable preferences
- Has mute, auto-mute and smart-mute functions
- Sold along with a built-in earphone jack
- Features a built-in safety warning system
- Sold in a generous package, which includes a comprehensive manual for the owner, a quick reference card, a coiled SmartCord, and a quick-release mount for the windshield
- Backed by a warranty policy
- Product availability is quite limited
- Requires a Windows-based computer for the location database and detector software
- Might not be available for shipping in some countries
- Sold at a relatively higher price
Despite its relatively high price, the Escort Passport 9500ix Radar/Laser Detector proves to be a good buy for radar detector buyers since it is loaded with a long list of useful standard features.
In addition to that, it provides 360-degree protection against all radar and laser bands, has a speed alert function and mark location features, and a built-in warning system.
Aside from the Escort Passport 9500ix Radar/Laser Detector, many buyers also consider the Valentine One Radar Detector and the Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector as their other top options.
This is because both radar detectors can detect many radar and laser bands used for speed enforcement. In addition to that, both of these devices are compact, lightweight, and durable.
The Valentine One Radar Detector comes with dimensions of 6×2.5×4 inches and weighs about 1.7 pounds. It is among the top-performing radar detectors sold in the market at present.
The detector is equipped with two radar antennas pointed in front and on the rear of the vehicle. Given such, the device can provide the existing radar and laser information in the area, particularly the band and strength of the signal.
In addition to that, it can also pinpoint the direction where the signal comes. However, the device requires regular hardware and software updates to keep it updated, and these usually come with additional costs.
The Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector, on the other hand, is sold with dimensions of 6.5x11x2 inches and a weight of 1.5 pounds. It comes with the front and rear laser detection capability.
The device features an AutoScan mode that eliminates false alarms. Aside from that, it offers the highway and city settings and a range that is about 10 times longer than that of others.
The Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector is also admired for its Shadow Technology that provides it with immunity to VG-2 radar detector detection.
With this particular feature, the law enforcers will not determine that the user’s car is equipped with a radar detector device.
Finally, it is sold in a package that includes a coiled SmartPlug, a metal case, the user manual, and a quick-release mount for the windshield.
By looking at the features of the radar detectors discussed above, it is quite obvious that the Escort Passport 9500ix Radar/Laser Detector is the best option since it is equipped with a long list of useful features particularly the 360-degree protection against all bands of radars and lasers.
The Valentine One Radar Detector can be considered the second best option since it offers most of the features that the 9500ix does but at a higher price.
The Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector comes in as the third-best option. It comes with all the standard features that a good radar detector is expected to provide and its shadow technology and much lower price.
Escort PASSPORT 9500ix Red
PASSPORT 9500ix Red